Fontana-Masson Stain Kit
Fontana-Masson staining is used for the demonstration of argentaffin substances such as melanin, argentaffin granules and some neurosecretory granules. Staining patterns may be useful in cases of carcinoid tumors and melanoma.
Argentaffin cells and melanin possess the ability to bind silver from a silver solution and reduce to visible metallic silver without the need for a reducing agent. The Fontana-Masson Stain Kit can be used for frozen or paraffin embedded sections.
- 30x faster microwave procedure reduces melanin incubation time from 30 minutes to 1 minute.
- Argentaffin staining incubation time is decreased from 60 minutes to 2 minutes.
- Standard and microwave method available.
- Ammoniacal Silver Solution is ready to use immediately upon preparation, no lengthy wait time.
- Each component is performance tested to provide quality products you can trust.